Sunday, July 10, 2011

Heirloom clock

When I was back in Japan a few months ago to surprise my dad, my sister and I helped clear out my grandparents home as it is about to be renovated for use as a church building. Much of my grandparent's belongings were left there or stored for the last 20+ years. I asked if I could have this clock as a keepsake and my parents brought it home to the states for me last month. It's in need of some love but it still seems to work! Apparently it was my great grandmother's clock and has been in the family over a century!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I will be glad to restore the movement to like new condition at now charge. I would do very little to the outside.

Dad

AmySF said...

Thanks Dad!! It would mean so much to all of us -- especially knowing you were the one to get it running again!! What a treasure to have a piece of our history spanning both of our families. Love you!

Our Moments said...

Awesome! I was gonna say that I knew a great clock repairman that can get it working like new again. ;)

That's awesome!

Wolfes Home said...

I love that clock. So glad you have "connections" to get it in super condition. :)