Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lexington's Bar-B-Q Center

Today for lunch we stopped at Bar-B-Q Center, one of Lexington's highest rated barbecue joints. As you can probably tell, it's been there a while and definitely seemed to be frequented by lots of locals. The food was very humble but delicious, with a great wood-smoked flavor to it. I had the course chopped pork sandwich and sweet potato fries. Afterwards, We had to try their world famous super-sized banana split. A's mom was embarrassed, of course. :-)
>

4 comments:

AmySF said...

Only J would order the one thing they have Added to their menu since opening.... Sweet potato fries? I stuck to tradition and went with hush puppies, amazing! I'm a fan of keeping it simple. Simple wasn't happening on their banana split tho... Two POUNDS of ice cream on a single lone banana. I left that one to the boys!

Our Moments said...

And they didn't get sick after that? Bluh

D would have loved to had his share. :)

Chris Wolfe said...

The banana split looks spectacular! Hope the guys didn't leave any!

JeremySF said...

Actually, I think we left at least half of it! Way too big! :-)