Monday, June 27, 2011

The Happy Stuff

A very wise woman told me last week that I seem to act like I have nothing to talk about when there's no drama going on in my life.  You see, when someone asks a simple question like "How are you?"  My response lately has always been, "I'm doing good, thanks!"  To which those who want to pry a bit more will say something like, "So tell me whats been going on, anything much?"  And I'll respond, "Not really.. everything is good."

Its then that I realized this woman is completely accurate.  I don't really share all the "good"!  Do I really believe that I can only share the bad or the drama of everyday life?  The things that I believe people will connect with or have advice for?  Why do I assume people aren't interested in hearing the good stuff too?

Anyway, as I started to take her comment to heart, I did some thinking on why I am this way.  Honestly, I think a lot of it is because the people around me are in a different place in life.  They want more than anything to find the happiness I have but they haven't yet.  While I am trying to be supportive of them, I don't like talking a lot about something that could make them feel left out.  On the other hand, I realized that the blog here is pretty much my outlet for the good.  So, to those of you that are reading, I think you're already fairly plugged in.   But, I'm still going to work on it.

So, to get started....  today's good is that we're on our way to New York.  I'm super excited to spend a week together there again.  We've got all the normal NYC fun things lined up - dinner with friends, a stop at our favorite restaurant, shopping in soho, and maybe if the weather isn't too unbearable a walk around central park!  Then, we're off for a week with my family!!  I'm super excited about that too.  I haven't seem  my parents in months and my nephew in what feels like ages.  Plus, I've got some one on one time with my sister lined up!

But, as we sit in a plane flying away from the life we've created for ourselves in the city, I can't help but think about how truly happy I am just living normal life with J.  We've finally started settling into more regular routines and it feels amazing.  There's no place I'd rather spend my Friday nights than at home with chinese takeout while snuggling and watching a movie on our couch.  And, there's no where I'd rather spend my Saturdays than on a leisurely walk holding hands along the waterfront with the world's best coffees in hand followed by cooking dinner together at home.

I've truly never been so happy... to just be routine, to be drama free, and to share my life with someone I love so much.  And to think, I've got so much more to share and enjoy with him.

That, is the happy stuff.  :-*

3 comments:

Our Moments said...

Finally... this is what I've longed to hear from you for Y-E-A-R-S! :) It's awesome how happy we can be with they are with the right 'one'. :)

Can't wait to see you both and share some more memories together!

And, whoever told you that was right, it's more fun to share the 'happy'/'good' stuff than the 'not-so-good' stuff. :)

Wolfes Home said...

So happy for you guys!

Teresa said...

Spoken from the heart! Keep sharing with us all....we want to share as much as possible. We are so very happy for you both!