Saturday, April 23, 2011

America's Test Kitchen

Thursday we enjoyed a couple new recipes from the new cookbook E&D gave us for Christmas! The chicken was amazing and the cornbread came out really well too! Thanks E!

3 comments:

AmySF said...

And the heart J designed on the top of the cornbread before baking made it even more special ;-)

Edie said...

LOL! I see the heart in the picture now! What were the recipes?? :)

AmySF said...

The recipes were from the big book you gave us - "Sweet and Tangy Oven-BBQ'd Chicken." For this one, I was looking for something similar to mom's baked bbq chicken from when we were kids. It was different, not as sweet as mom's and a bit more spicy, but still yummy. The cornbread was "All purpose corn bread" with frozen corn in the mix. It was really more of a cake-like cornbread than I typically like but it was still super yummy. Cornbread is one of my favorite things ;-) Next time, we're going to try the "Southern Corn Bread" recipe... I think its more like what I want and was our intention but I forgot one of the ingredients at the grocery. :-D