For the past few months, we've been planning a dream vacation to Hawaii! It would serve several purposes but the main goal was to force us to relax. It was to be our first vacation together that was solely focused on relaxation. It also crossed off a few more items from my 30-before-30 list (that 30 is approaching very fast!) and gave J a much needed chance to recharge from work.
Being my first time on the islands, and anywhere tropical for that matter, J took the lead on planning most of the trip. I was a bit shocked to learn just how many times he's been to Hawaii!! I guess that is a benefit of living on this side of the country. For us North Carolinians, we seem to not make it further west than the Mississippi but I was past due to change that!
He didn't give me a lot of information about the plans until right before we took off. I must admit, it was nice to not have to worry about them. I knew he had it all under control and I eagerly awaited seeing where his creativity took us. Work was crazy for me, up to the last minute I was buried in a project that had to make it out the door before I could. But come Friday, I cheered as I turned on the out of office autoresponder and turned OFF the cell phone! Whoo hooo!
"We're going to Hawaii, yaaaaaaay!!!"
We boarded an early morning flight to Maui, though his Global Services credentials didn't prove successful in an upgrade, neither of us cared as we settled into the seats that would land us in paradise. We snuggled the entire way... over hours and hours of nothing but ocean as far as one could see (that still creeps me out every time)! When I caught the first glimpse of land below, my eyes became glued to the landscape we were approaching. The place looked so lush and green.. I couldn't wait to see more!
As one of the first people off the plane, I slowly made my way down the breezeway immediately feeling the change in temperature. It was at least 30 degrees warmer than San Francisco and I felt humidity on my skin for the first time in what seems years.
Eager to get started with our vacation, he took off to pickup our rental car while I waited for our luggage to arrive (yes, I packed far too much again). When he drove towards me, in a silver convertible, we giggled. It was official, we were in Hawaii!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment