Monday, April 25, 2011

Hawaii, Day in the Sun

With the time change, we woke naturally on our first morning in Hawaii.  Ah, what a Monday!  Leisurely, we made our way down to claim a secret spot perched above the beach.  Here, we had our own secluded hideaway complete with two plush lounge chairs and a canopy to cover the harsh sun. 

After securing our space, we went down to the free yoga class.  It is sponsored by the resort every day at 7:45 am.  It is actually right on the beach, in the sand!  This was my first time trying yoga but I could definitely feel the tension fading as the sun gently rose behind us and the waves crashed softly before us.  A beautiful start to our week in Paradise.


We spent the day in our little hideaway, emerging only for dips in the pool.  We tested each of the pools but settled on the Adults Only pool perched above the others.  It had an infinity wall that made it seem like you were going to swim right out into the ocean.  It also had a swim up bar and underwater music.  A lovely place to cool off.

By late afternoon, it was time to see how much damage the sun had done.  Me being ghostly white by nature, I'd been in SPF 100 all day long!  But you never know... so we went to the room to prepare for dinner.  Turns out I had protected myself well, except for my knees and a streak on my left leg.  Oops.

For dinner, we left the resort to eat at Gannon's which is a restaurant on a nearby golf club.  He had some kind of fish... mahi mahi I believe.  Which, yes, I actually tried and preferred it to my chicken!  Over dinner, we planned our Tuesday.  Oh, such tough decisions we had to make this week.  ;-D 

We were finally in vacation mode.

2 comments:

Our Moments said...

You ate Mahi Mahi? Oh my goodness! What is this world coming to?

Good for you for trying something new. I'm impressed you preferred it over your chicken! :)

JeremySF said...

ahh. what I wouldn't give to do yoga on the beach again. such a glorious way to wake up.