Thursday, May 19, 2011

Birthday Getaway!

I'm a huge believer in giving gifts of memories, not objects for birthdays.   I want to give the people I love experiences that they will enjoy and then remember for a lifetime.  I think the most important thing you can do for someone you love is spend time with them.  Since I know J loves to travel and see new things, I wanted to try to merge the two ideas for his birthday weekend.  Its not easy finding a place J hasn't been that is suitable for a weekend getaway!  

But, I think I found one!  We're heading off to Mendocino -- a small coastside town in northern California for his birthday weekend!  Its a place he's never been, with an amazing view, and a cozy house to call our own for the weekend.  

I've got menus planned, groceries purchased, and kitchen essentials packed.  A few board games, some old favorite movies, and cameras ready for a photo walk and picnic!  Fingers crossed it turns out well and becomes a birthday memory he'll always love to recall!

2 comments:

JeremySF said...

I can't wait! :-) Thank you for all the thought & time you've put into planning it already!

Edie said...

Have a great time!!!

Happy Birthday, Jeremy!